Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pho 900





Adress: 216 Broadway E, Seattle, WA 98102

Phone:
(206) 568-3599

Price:
Small - 6.40
Large - 7.40

Rating: 3.0

Pho 900 is located in Capitol Hill on Broadway. The interior was probably the nicest of any Seattle pho restaurant that I have been to yet. The menu was much larger then just pho – they also served Vietnamese rice dishes and stir fry dishes. I was surprised by the fact that their pho menu itself was actually a little limited: chicken, chicken with veggies, vegetarian, beef, rare beef, beef with rare beef, and what I ordered - beef, rare beef, meatballs, and tripe. They also offer seafood but it was too expensive to even contemplate at $8.95 for a small and $9.95 for a large.

The meal came with a good amount of the standard condiments. The soup looked great when it reached my table. The broth was interesting - it was a little sweet but good. The bowl was filled with meat; to some this would probably be a good thing but there was a little too much meat for me. The meat was a little fatty and tough but wasn't bad. The meat balls had a decent taste but were obviously pre-made and frozen. I enjoy tripe but in small portions; my order came with a heap of tripe which I ate but I felt it was too much.

Overall I thought that the pho was decent. It was not the best pho I've had but I would probably eat here again. My biggest complaint is that it is a little bit pricey. There are a few other pho places up on Capitol Hill you might want to try first.

No comments: