Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pho Duc

 
  
 


Address: 3815 196th St SW # 102 Lynnwood, WA 98036-5749

Phone: (425) 672-2466

Prices:

Medium - 5.49
Large - 6.49

Rating: 1

While out in Lynnwood recently, I decided to use Google Maps on my Blackberry to find an early lunch spot. Pho Duc was the first place that popped up. Pho Duc is located in Lynnwood about a mile from the Alderwood Mall, tucked away just off a main road. As you drive up you notice the almost standard pho restaurant sign. They offer a large dinning room and have quick service.

I ordered my regular bowl filled with beefy goodness. The standard condiments came out wilted and looking that they had been sitting out for a few hours. The soup came quickly but from the first smell I realized that I was in for dried pho noodles. The noodles were so bad that the whole broth was tainted with the taste of cheapness. The broth also did not help in this manner - it was thin and lacking any real sustenance. To top it off,  the meat also tasted cheap and was sliced far too thick for a good bowl of pho.

Even though I finished my meal, I will avoid this place in the future.  Any place that uses low quality noodles is not worthy of my time and I would say they are not worth yours, either. The low quality noodles along with the thin broth just shows me that this store is more concerned with cost instead of quality.  Why spend your money at a place like that when there are many pho restaurants in the area that truly care about providing you with a great meal?

No comments: